If you’re trying to wear all the hats in your business chances are that you’re holding your business back from its full potential. We all have 24 hours in a day and the reality is that one person can only do so much. As your business grows, so too will the demands on your time, energy and mental well-being. Did you really go into business so that you could sort through your receipts at 2am in the morning? No, didn’t think so.
A Virtual Assistant (otherwise known as a Virtual PA) provides a flexible way to outsource some of the work that is involved with keeping your business running like a well oiled machine. It means you can focus on the stuff where you really thrive – meeting with clients, actually doing the work that you’re paid for, and spending time being the creative force behind your business.
Every Virtual Assistant is different so it’s important to find someone who is a good fit for you and your business. However to give you an idea of the type of tasks a Virtual Assistant could help you with here are 29 tasks you could quickly outsource to free up some time.
1. Clearing spam from your emails
2. Booking travel arrangements
3. Transcribing audio or video files
4. Researching venues for an event
5. Scheduling social media posts
6. Managing online communities
7. Proofreading articles or reports
8. Uploading and scheduling blog posts
9. Sourcing stock images for blogs
10. Sending invoices out
11. Chasing late payments
12. Updating websites
13. Creating newsletters to send out
14. Booking appointments with clients
15. Organising and updating online filing systems
16. Finding business addresses
17. Sending repeat emails
18. Filtering and responding to blog comments
19. Creating surveys
20. Setting up autoresponders
21. Managing expenses spreadsheets
22. Planning events
23. Setting up social media accounts
24. Transcribing meetings
25. Writing blog posts
26. Creating presentations
27. Collating information
28. Responding to customer enquiries
29. Writing up case studies
As you can see there are lots of tasks a Virtual Assistant could help you with. It’s not just about being your PA – there’s more to it than that. Instead it’s about finding someone who can support you with getting your message out into the world while keeping your business ticking over beautifully. You’ll have more time and energy which means your health, clients and business will all reap the benefits. What’s not to love?!
Need some transcription support? These days I focus solely on transcribing so if you record audio or video as part of your work then you’re in the right place.
Whether you run a podcast, speak at live events, or interview others to create written articles, I can take your audio files and provide you with accurate and intelligently transcribed material so you can reach more people, create even more content, and focus on the tasks where you really shine. Learn more about my services here or get in touch to find out more.